Meals on Wheels London
We are looking for a leader … a leader in the community, a leader to our volunteers, clients and to a dedicated team that provides an invaluable service to people in our community that need Meals on Wheels.
Meals on Wheels London is a nonprofit, charitable organization that partners with volunteers to promote wellness, health and independence through transportation and nutritious meal services benefiting our community. With an annual budget of approximately $1.6 million, Meals on Wheels London has a complement of 9 full time and 11 part time staff and over 300 volunteers. In 2017-2018 Meals on Wheels London provided 122,000 meals and 8700 rides to over 1,900 clients.
The Board of Directors of Meals on Wheels London is currently seeking applications for the position of Executive Director. Accountable to the Board, the Executive Director is responsible to implement the organizational direction and policies determined by the Board of Directors that reflect the vision and mission of the organization and the best needs of its clients.
Executive Director Position Overview
The ED will ensure the Mission, Vision and Values of the Organization are reflected in all programs, services, decisions and workplans. The ED will be tasked with recruiting and leading a management team to aid in executing the strategic plan and deliver on necessary goals and outcomes.
The ED will also be responsible to engage with the community, funders, partner organizations and interest groups related to the mission of Meals on Wheels London on a regular basis and ensures good representation of the organization through management and staff in the community. The ED Is accountable to all funders, foundations, the board of directors and the community at large for the funds, outcomes and measures of the organization.
Meals on Wheels London has made great strides and is a valued and relied upon service to a great number of people in our community. Should you be the successful candidate, you will be expected to uphold the standard that was built before you and bring Meals on Wheels to new heights.
- Post-Secondary degree in business, social work or a relevant field to the non-for-profit sector; and/or
- 5-years experience in a senior leadership capacity, preferably in the non-for-profit sector
- Demonstrated effectiveness working at a management level preferably within the voluntary/non-profit sector
- Experience and demonstrated success in proposal /grant applications, resource generation and/or fundraising
Key Knowledge and Skill Requirements
- Strong planning, program evaluation and financial management skills
- Policy development, implementation and a general knowledge of HR management
- Ability to oversee program development and service delivery
- Must have experience with resource generation/fundraising
- Strong communications, written, verbal and public relations skills
- Defined ability to lead a team of dedicated staff and coordinating volunteers
- Computer and IT knowledge appropriate for the position
- Knowledge and/or experience working with a Board of Director is an asset
- Criminal Reference Check to be completed
- Employment Background and Reference Check
- Valid Ontario Driver’s License
If interested, please email a covering letter and resume by Sunday, June 17, 2018 to:
Should you desire a copy of the job description, please inquire via email@example.com. No phone call inquiries will be accepted and only those chosen for an interview will be contacted.
For further information about Meals on Wheels London, please visit our website at: http://www.meals-on-wheels.ca/.