Spare Depot Coordinator – Position Description
Hours: Monday through Friday 10 am – 12:30 pm As needed; on call basis.
The Depot Coordinator is responsible for heating meal entrées, assembling both reheated and cold items and ensures that each volunteer driver receives the correct meal order for his/her route. The Spare Depot Coordinator ensures that the depot is maintained in accordance with Department of Health and Meals on Wheels London standards.
1. Verifies the accuracy of the route sheets and daily order sheet by contacting the office daily and confirming the meal orders with the designated office staff.
2. Reheats and packages meals, in accordance with the Procedure for Reheating Meals, for the designated pick-up times.
3. Ensures that each volunteer driver receives and leaves depot with the correct number of meals for his/her route.
4. Ensures and maintains open lines of communication between the volunteer drivers and staff of the agency.
5. Maintains a clean and orderly depot. This includes regular cleaning of the equipment, ensuring an adequate stock of supplies, and sanitizing thermometers used in temperature audits.
6. Offers support and appreciation to volunteers.
7. Attends staff meetings when scheduled.
8. Reports any significant changes or concerns related to volunteers and maintains open communication with Volunteer Services Manager.
9. Remains at depot until all meals have left the facility.
10. Trains new staff upon request of supervisor.
11. Other duties as assigned by supervisor.
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment while maintaining accuracy, multi task
- Excellent time management skills
- Effective communication skills
- Ability to work within a confined area and handle small objects
- Ability to build a good relationship with volunteers and other staff members
- Basic computer skills
EXPERIENCE & EDUCATION:
- Previous experience in Food Services preferred
- Grade 10 equivalent
This is an open call for resume's as needs for this role come up regularly. Please apply to firstname.lastname@example.org Resume please.
We appreciate all applications however only those selected for interviews will be contacted.