You've Chosen a Great Organization!
Meals on Wheels London depends on friendly, dedicated volunteers to fill many roles. All positions are needed during our daytime office hours of 8:30am to 4:30pm Monday through Friday. There are no evening or weekend positions.
- Transportation volunteers– 1 ride a week; time commitment 1-3 hours; use own vehicle
- Spare meal delivery– as needed to fill in; time commitment 1-1.5 hrs; use own vehicle
How to Apply
- Fill in the online application
- A Vulnerable Sector Check through London Police Services is required for all volunteer positions. You may obtain this online, or in person at London Police Services. The cost will be reimbursed by Meals on Wheels. It usually takes 5-6 weeks to process.
- Call our Volunteer Manager to set up an interview.
- The interview takes approximately one hour
- Bring your current drivers licence and car insurance to the interview.
- All necessary training will be provided by Meals on Wheels London.
- You will be placed in chosen role as quickly as possible
Note: A current driver’s abstract is required for all transportation volunteers. Cost of this form will be reimbursed after six months of service. Abstracts are available through the Ministry of Transportation.