You've Chosen a Great Organization!
Meals on Wheels London depends on friendly, dedicated volunteers to fill many roles. All positions are needed during our daytime office hours of 8:30am to 4:30pm Monday through Friday. There are no evening or weekend positions.
- Transportation volunteers– minimum 1 ride a week; time commitment 1-3 hours; use own vehicle Current need (more than 10 positions)
- Spare meal delivery– as needed to fill in; time commitment 1-1.5 hrs; use own vehicle
- Office volunteer - 3 hours once per week- current need Friday mornings
- Frozen meal unpacking- Wednesday afternoons (1hour begining around 1 pm) - 3 positions
- Food Box distribution Volunteer - 2h committment Thursday mornings 8:30 am-10:30 pm 1 position
- Fund Development Committee - (4 positions)
- Board of Directors - (2 positions)
- Route Coordinator - 1h/day make reminder calls to volunteer meal delivery volunteers and fill any routes that people cancel with spare drivers 5h/week (position done from home) - 1 position
- Special Event Volunteer- Get on our call out list for special events, fundraisers, BBQ's, volunteer appreciation events and others, sign up as able (more than 10 positions)
- Marketing and Community Engagement Volunteers- Become part of our speakers and advocates by representing Meals on Wheels London at Community Events and speaking to groups about how they can be involved with our organization (8 positions)
- Lunch Bunch Drivers and Accompanyment - Drive clients to a restaurant and stay for some social engagement. 1-2 times each month for a 3 hour committment. (5 positions)
How to Apply
- Fill in the online application
- A Vulnerable Sector Check through London Police Services is required for all volunteer positions where there is direct client service. You may obtain this online, or in person at London Police Services. The cost will be reimbursed by Meals on Wheels. It usually takes 5-6 weeks to process.
- Call our Volunteer Manager to set up an interview.
- The interview takes approximately one hour
- Bring your current drivers licence and car insurance to the interview.
- All necessary training will be provided by Meals on Wheels London.
- You will be placed in chosen role as quickly as possible
Note: A current driver’s abstract is required for all transportation volunteers. Cost of this form will be reimbursed after six months of service. Abstracts are available through the Ministry of Transportation.