How Can I Help?
As of autumn 2015, the population in Canada experienced a big shift. There are more Canadians over the age of 65 than under the age of 15. This is not an exception in London and has direct impact on the clients we serve. Our current funding has remained static over the last several years and there is very little consistent funding available. Most money received must be applied for and there is guarantee we will be granted anything. The demand continues to grow; however, we are committed to keeping up with the needs of seniors and adults living with disabilities. We rely on private donations to continue our services, now and into the future. Your donation will help sustain the way we support people who need us.
Please consider supporting Meals on Wheels London in the following ways:
Give Monthly, Quarterly, or Annually!
- We gratefully accept VISA, Master Card, cash or cheques
- Regular gifts are important and provides peace of mind knowing we can offer financial support through subsidy without hesitation (please note that online donations accepted through our very own website!).
- Give a gift in memory of a loved one or in honour of special birthday or anniversary (we will notify family of this gift in their name).
- Consider transferring stocks or naming us as beneficiary of an insurance policy as a gift to Meals on Wheels London. You can give a gift and receive additional tax benefits too! Speak to your financial advisor to see what is right for you.
- Leave a legacy gift to Meals on Wheels London. Your gift will be impactful and sustain us long into the future. Be a forward-thinking donor and it will be our pleasure to honour you as a member of our legacy giving club.
Please notify our Fund Development staff with details of your donation so we may properly acknowledge your gift:
Meals on Wheels London
Attn: Vanessa Cullen, Fund Development Coordinator
356 Queens Ave. London ON N6B 1X6
Attend, donate or sponsor! Involvement in our annual fundraising events not only helps grow the awareness of the impact of Meals on Wheels London in the community, it also offers an opportunity to spend time supporting in a fun and interactive way! We have been so fortunate to have many sponsors and supporters who are key to the success of raising awareness.
- March for Meals
- Seniors' Night at the Races
- Culinary Creative
Third Party Fundraisers
Consider coordinating a fundraiser or event on behalf of Meals on Wheels London. You raise the funds with your friends, family or coworkers and make Meals on Wheels the beneficiary of the money raised. If you want to help in this way, we have ideas! We will also be happy to promote, encourage and thank you on all social media for your kindness of time, talent and treasure!