Fresh Meal Information
See August Meal Calendar Here
See September Meal Calendar Here
Cold Winter Months Approaching
We’d like to take this opportunity to encourage our clients to consider ordering some frozen meals to have on hand during the winter months! This is a good idea in case of an emergency weather event and office closure. Call the office for more information.
- Delivered Monday through Friday between 11:00 am and 1:30 pm
- Weekend meals are delivered chilled on Fridays
- Each meal contains a protein, starch, vegetable, and dessert for $8.15
- Breakfast bag (can only be ordered with a meal) contains a protein, grain, fruit/vegetable for $2.25
- Billed monthly
- Financial assistance is available
- Clients choose a meal plan, which can be as little as once a week (e.g. 3 x per week or 7 x per week)
- Your choice: delivered hot or chilled
- Diet options: regular, gentle, no added salt, diabetic
- Texture modifications: minced
- One meal per day is offered
- Initial service: minimum 5 meals ($40.75)
Benefits Of The Fresh Meal Program
- Nutritious meals
- Daily check in
- Social contact with volunteer
- Automatic meal plan (you do not have to remember to call an order in)
- Meal containers: disposable & may be used in microwave or oven
Diet Types For Standard Meal Service
- Regular (R): Designed for people with no dietary restrictions
- Diabetic (D): For individuals on reducing or diabetic diets as advised by their physician
- Gentle (G): Designed for people with stomach problems (such as ulcers or hiatus hernia). The meal will not contain tomato sauces, stewed tomatoes, cabbage, or spiced foods. Vegetables will not include corn, peppers, broccoli or cauliflower.
- No Added Salt (NAS): Designed for moderate sodium restriction. Intended for those with high blood pressure, heart or renal disease. This diet allows some salt in the preparation of foods, but excludes very salty foods. No salt is to be added at the table.
- Minced (M): This is a modification of consistency for people who have difficulty chewing or swallowing whole foods. The entrée and vegetables are minced, whenever possible.