You've Chosen a Great Organization!
Meals on Wheels London depends on friendly, dedicated volunteers to fill many roles. Many positions are needed during our daytime office hours of 8:30am to 4:30pm Monday through Friday.
WHEELS FOR WELLNESS TRANSPORTATION VOLUNTEERS – min 1 ride a week. time commitment 1-3 hours; use of own vehicle required
SPARE MEAL DELIVERY VOLUNTEERS – Fill-in as needed. Time commitment 1 - 1.5 hrs; use of own vehicle required
FUND DEVELOPMENT & SPECIAL EVENT COMMITTEE VOLUNTEERS - support fundraising initiatives, events, assist in developing annual fundraising ideas, plans to hit target
ROUTE COORDINATOR VOLUNTEERS - East Depot - 1h/day (M - F) to make reminder calls to volunteer meal delivery volunteers and to fill any routes that people cancel.
LUNCH BUNCH VOLUNTEERS - Drive clients to a restaurant and back home. Please stay for a lunch and social interaction. 1-2 times each month for a 3 hour committment.
How to Apply
- A Vulnerable Sector Check through London Police Services is required for all volunteer positions where there is direct client service. You may obtain this online, or in person at London Police Services. The cost will be reimbursed by Meals on Wheels. It usually takes 2-3 weeks to process.
- Call our Volunteer Coordinator to set up an interview (Laura @ 519-660-1430 ext 224)
- The interview takes approximately one hour
- Bring your current drivers licence and car insurance to the interview if applying for a driving position.
- All necessary training will be provided by Meals on Wheels London.
- You will be placed in chosen role as quickly as possible
Note: A current driver’s abstract is required for all transportation volunteers. Cost of this form will be reimbursed after six months of service. Abstracts are available through the Ministry of Transportation.