Seniors (55+) and adults with disabilities who are unable to use public transit and have limited access to other means of transportation. Clients must be able to get in and out of a vehicle on their own. Volunteers escort clients to medical related appointments within the City of London limits.
- Cost: $18.00 per round trip. Subsidy may be available
- Clients are billed for all rides at the end of each month.
- Clients are responsible for any parking charges at the time of the ride, if applicable.
- Rides must be booked a minimum of one full week in advance.
- We accommodate short term appointments only, 1/2 day or full day rides are not accepted.
- Cancellation must be received by 12:00 noon the day prior to the appointment.
- An administration fee of $5.00 will be billed if bookings are not cancelled by 12 noon the day before a scheduled ride.
- Monday rides must be canceled the previous Friday by 12 noon.
- Requests are prioritized and depend on availability of volunteers, no request is guaranteed.
- Requests will be confirmed within 2 working days of appointments.
- Rides are completed within Meals on Wheels London business hours; the earliest appointment time accepted is 8:30 a.m.
- Afternoon appointments should allow for all clients to be home by 4:30 pm.
An escort (no extra charge) must accompany anyone who:
- Needs help getting in or out of a vehicle
- Requires help during appointments
- Has a tendency to wander
- Suffers from dementia
- Is prone to seizures
- No transportation for children or pets
- No transportation following day surgery or any procedure that requires general anesthetic or sedatives
- No transporting persons who require wheelchairs, scooters or heavy walkers